2023 Technician Skills Competition
On Thursday, April 13, 2023, the Nashville Fairgrounds played host to the Tennessee Trucking Association’s annual Technician Skills Competition. The event was a great success, with a large number of rookies competing alongside seasoned professionals, and a new station added to identify vehicle fluids.
The competition was fierce, with technicians vying for the top spot in each of the stations, these techs are the best of the best and it was exciting to see who was crowned the winner. The results are in, and we are proud to announce that Jeremiah Carter with Averitt took first place, followed by Andrew Grim with Clarke in second place, and Shane Redknap with Ozark Motor Lines in third place. Congratulations to all three winners for their exceptional skills and dedication!
We are also grateful to all of our sponsors, including our premier sponsor Vertical Alliance Group, as well as Jost International, Cummins, Inc., Imperial Supplies, LLC, Penske Truck Leasing, Fontaine Fifth Wheel N.A., Clarke Power Services, McKee Foods Transportation, LLC, Rush Truck Center, Meritor, Inc., and Christenson Transportation.
The competition was a fantastic opportunity for technicians to showcase their skills and knowledge, and we are thrilled to have had such a successful event. We want to thank all of the participants, spectators, and sponsors who made this day possible, and we look forward to seeing everyone again next year!
And finally, we are excited to announce that Jeremiah Carter will represent Tennessee at the national competition as the first-place winner. We wish him the best of luck as he competes against the best technicians from across the country.
Let’s not forget our station winners. You’ll find the winners from each individual station below.
- Service Information – Andrew Grimm, Clarke Power Services, Inc.
- Electrical – Bradford Calfee, Walmart Transportation LLC
- Fasteners – Jeremiah Carter, Averitt Express, Inc.
- Suspension – Brad Calfee, Walmart Transportation LLC
- Preventive Maintenance Inspection – Andrew Grimm, Clarke Power Services, Inc.
- Brakes – Brad Calfee, Walmart Transportation LLC
- Engine – Jeremiah Carter, Averitt Express, Inc.
- Written Test – Andrew Grimm, Clarke Power Services, Inc.
- Transmission – Glenn Boothe, Rush Truck Center
- Coolant – Jeremiah Carter, Averitt Express, Inc.
- Wheel-End – Brad Calfee, Walmart Transportation LLC
- R.P. Manual – Brad Calfee, Walmart Transportation LLC
To view all pictures from this event, click here.