Tennessee Technician Skills Competition
April 8 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
TTA’s Technician Skills Competition is an annual event designed to measure thorough knowledge of medium and heavy duty commercial vehicles, including both theory and practical application. The contest consists of a written test and hands-on testing. All tools, manuals and equipment necessary are provided.
- Competition is open to any technician that is employed by a TTA member
- We are opening our competition up to members that live in a State
surrounding TN, that does not have a skills competition. This competitor is
only allowed to compete in one State Championship. This competitor’s
Company must have a terminal in that State.
- All competitors must register by June 11, 2020. A link to Registration Forms will be added when registration opens.
- TSC registration will close after the first 60 entries are received.
- All competitors must wear appropriate long pants and work shoes meeting accepted safety standards. All other safety-related items will be provided.
- Safety glasses with side shields (provided) must be worn at all times during the
hands-on skills challenge.
- Standard shop safety procedures must be followed at all times.
- All spills must be cleaned up immediately.
- Any accident or injury must be reported to the section judge.
COMPETITION DATE: APRIL 8,2021
Competitors will meet Thursday morning at 7:00 AM April 8, 2021 in the EXPO CENTER for overview and schedule of events. Roll call will be promptly at 7:15 am on Thursday, April 8, 2021. Competition will begin at 7:30 am.
COMPETITION LOCATION: JAMES E. WARD AGRICULTURAL & EXPO CENTER
945 Baddour Parkway, Lebanon, TN 37087. Directions: 1-40 East to exit 239B OR I-40 West to exit 239, right onto Hwy 70 Bypass, approximately 1 mile to Ag Center. Turn right into fairgrounds at the Main Entrance.